Here’s the part where I’m just going to cast my bread upon the water, but as you can tell from our schedule, it’s been decimated. In his providence, the Lord had us well set financially, for which we are thankful, but more than the loss of income and all the hundreds of hours of booking work gone, we just miss God’s folks and ministry… terribly. I’ve always just come on love offerings, so if your church is looking for a way to open back up and need a special event, please consider us. We are usually booked up two years out, but now we don’t know what we are gonna do next week.
We will bend over backwards to make your people feel safe. We’ll do outdoors, in cars, in plastic bubbles, and with Purell misting from the sprinkler system. We’ve already mastered the technique necessary for a drive-thru product table. The one thing I can’t do is wear a mask while I sing. That’s been an ongoing request for years now, but it just doesn’t work.
If you have no way to offer a concert, but want to support us through this time, here’s how you can do it:
1. Pray. Seriously. It’s at the top of this list for a reason. Won’t cost a thing.
2. If you are able and not especially susceptible to the virus, then show up for concerts. Attendance will understandably be down among some demographics.
3. Fill out your CD music library. Look in the online store and see what you are missing.
4. Don’t buy our music from iTunes or just listen through other digital distributors. With those we see shocking little $ make it our way. Get it in our online store and it’s cheaper for you and more support for us.
5. Buy music for others. What’s better for folks shut in and depressed than the good news of the gospel??
6. Tax-deductible donation. Click “contact” on the website and you will see a secure Paypal button.
7. Take the kids. Just come babysit for a couple of days. Nothing special…just keep them alive while we sleep and maybe even take a shower.
8. Encourage us. This one is also free. Write through the website or email and let us know you are praying and tell us how you are doing. Sign the guestbook, submit a prayer request, comment on the videos, tell us your favorite song/album and why…Just hearing from folks is so special during these times.
And…I believe I can speak for all gospel artists out there who are hurting, many worse than we are, and say that most of this list would apply to them too.